Hi Friends of Neighborhood Guard.
We have been doing a lot of soul-searching here lately, and Wednesday evening the Interim Board of Neighborhood Guard unanimously decided to turn Neighborhood Guard into a 501(c)3 Non-profit instead of a COOP as originally planned.
Why this change?
- A non-profit is easier to understand when we explain it
- Tax deductible donations (Yeah!)
- Simpler bylaws, less accounting headaches.
- Closer spiritually to our core values of Community, Security and Volunteering.
- We had already agreed to stay out of politics (a requirement for 503(c)3 non-profits) Continue reading