Setup Dreamhost storage.
Do NOT keep your confidential information on www.someneighborhood.org, instead make a subdomain for your confidential information.
Set up a subdomain for your video captures, then you can use the main site for your neighborhoods web-site. e.g. www.someneighborhood.com for your neighborhood web-site and securitycam.someneighborhood.com for the video files.
Setup the Camera.
- Enter Camera Setup.
- Make sure you are running the latest firmware
- Camera version on Setup – About
- download from http://www.axis.com/techsup/firmware.php
- Install on Axis Setup – System Options – Maintenance
- Set time to use NTP server.
- Set your Evidence Stamp
- Make sure audio is disabled, it’s the law. (California Penal Code 632, different but similar law for each state.)
- Camera Settings
- P1347 Set Exposure priority to “Motion” Max Shutter speed to 1/250 to avoid blurry images at night.
- P1357 Set Low light priority to “Low motion blur” and max shutter to 1/30 sec.
- Add an Event – Recipient – type:FTP
- Select from Menu
- In Network Address: use the name of your FTP server (See dreamhost
instructions: i don’t know what the FTP address is! and How do i upload to a sub-domain)
- Add Detectors – Motion Detection
- Make 2 windows: one for day and one for night as they will have different sensitivity settings.
- Make 2 Event – Action rules, one for day and one for night.
- Select from menu
- Setup the “Day” action rule like this, for the “Night” rule set “Motion Detection trigger to “Night” then set the additional Detectors – Day/ Night Mode to ‘No’ – Pay attention to the create folder : “%Y-%m-%d/[Cameralocation]”
- Move in front of the camera to trigger the motion center and check that files appear on your cloud-server.