- No loss of images in case of burglary
- No loss of images in case of fire/flood etc.
- No technical expertise needed by hosting family.
- No power consumption/noise at hosting family.
- Ability to access the images from ANYWHERE
In the spring of 2012 we investigated a number of large and cost-effective cloud service providers to find the best option. The fine print prevented us from using Go-Daddy, Host Gator and others, we settled on Dreamhost, which had the most fair and favorable conditions. Our long-term plans is to rent server capacity at Dreamhost and share it between our members for increased benefits. Until then please support neighborhood guard by buying your SHARED services directly from Dreamhost using this Coupon code: NEIGHBORHOOD which will give you $10 discount ! in addition to a nice donation from Dreamhost to Neighborhood Guard. One more time:
- No VPS Mysql
- No Fixed IP
- No Phone Support
Step by Step instructions
- click here http://dreamhost.com/servers/compare-our-products/
- Select Dreamhost shared at starting at $8.95 (your price will be slightly higher at $9.95)
- Complete the Signup form and pick a hard password
- Register a new domain, Pick a name (Suggested that you select “.org” tld)
- Pick 1 Year Prepaid
- Fill out Credit card information (can be changed later)
- DON’T add a private Server!
- DON’T Select Unique IP address
- Pick Server Username <name of your org>
- All done
Now move on to “configure camera and cloud upload”