This weekend Mayor Jean Quan mentioned us in her Newsletter
Libby Schaaf, Oakland City Council member for District 4 and a strong supporter of all crime reduction initiatives, will be joining us on Nov 19 to share her view on Community Crime reduction. http://libbyforoakland.com
We have been interviewed for the Montclarion so look out for an article by Maya Mirsky in the next edition (Friday Nov 16, 2012) Online version here.
This week we gave additional presentations to both large and small neighborhood ranging from 50 to 300 households.
We have additional presentations lined up for next week.
The list of neighborhood groups who: 1) has already joined, 2) are in the process of joining or 3) who are setting up organizations in preparation to join, contains more than 40 Neighborhoods all over Oakland, this is no longer just a Oakland Hills initiative. We have even more groups joining us every week.
We have received requests to show the Camera Presentation as part of our evening. Some groups have not yet had a chance to see the presentation, others have not seen the latest version. So we will start the evening with a short version of the Neighborhood Camera Presentation.
For the evening itself we need volunteers: We need someone to:
- Come a little early to help set up chairs
- Make sure everyone gets a name tag, and fills out the information sheet.
- But most important we need someone to bring home-baked goods like brownies and cookies to bring us all in a neighborly mood.
Here is the Updated Agenda for Nov 19.
- Introduction by Founder Jesper “JJ” Jurcenoks
- Importance of Community Action in Oakland, by Libby Schaaf
- Neighborhood Guard’s DIY Camera solution, with examples of Real Photos.
- What is a COOP and how would it work for us.
- Member Benefits
- Member Obligations
- Fee Structure Feedback round.
- Next Steps and Tasks Ahead
- Election of Interim Board / Filling of Critical volunteer positions:
- Members for the Bylasws / “legal” committee
- Members for the Pr & Marketing committee
- Members for the Web-master committee
- Members for the Recruiting committee
- Members for the Services committee
- Members for the Tech Support committee
- Members for the Software Development committee
- Open Discussion
Again we cannot wait to see a lot of concerned citizens ready to do something about crime on Monday.